Fayetteville Family & Cosmetic Dentistry is proud to offer an internationally acclaimed surgical technique to correct gum recession. The Pinhole® Surgical Technique is a revolutionary minimally invasive technique to treat a problem that is found in half of the US population.
The Pinhole® technique is scalpel-free, suture-free and graft-free. The technique involves gently loosening the gum tissues and lifting the gums back into their natural position. Some simply call it a “gum lift”. Because the technique does not involve cutting or stitching, patients can expect minimal pain, swelling and bleeding following the procedure. Most patients can resume light normal activities within 24-48 hours after treatment. Patients are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement.
Why Do Gums Recede?
Gums recede for a variety of different reasons, which may include:
- Periodontal diseases (gum disease)
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Insufficient dental care
- Hormonal changes
- Tobacco products
- Grinding and clenching teeth
- Crooked teeth or a misaligned bite
- Body piercing of the lip or tongue
Why Treat Receding gums?
Treating your receding gums is of the upmost importance. It can:
- Prevent tooth loss and the need for other costly procedures, such as implants or dentures
- Provide a more youthful and attractive appearance
- Help you smile confidently, without the shame or guilt associated with ugly gums
For More Information
The below video will offer a comprehensive look at the Pinhole® technique.
The below before and after images show what is possible utilizing the Pinhole® Surgical Technique.
We’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the technique. You can also browse thePinhole® Surgical Technique website here.